I was a little worried about this week’s Nurture Photo Challenge prompts, splash and turquoise. I like turquoise and have some pieces of jewelry and with the dry conditions splash was looking bleak. Here is what I came up with for splash and Random 5 Friday …
1. We survived the storm! Between Friday night and Monday morning we had .85″ of rain. We also go 2-3″ of snow Monday afternoon. Monday and Tuesday night we brought the cows into lots close to the barn and checked them all night long. There is nothing like a low front to make cows have babies.
When we went to tag calves last night you could just see the relief in the cow’s eyes. They were so glad to have a day of sunshine with little wind.
2. This is a picture of the dam in a pasture we take new pairs to. As you can tell, it’s pretty much empty. Even with the moisture we received the last few days it will not fill dams. The moisture will help nourish the prairie and give the grass a start. As the snow started to melt this afternoon I could see the first sights of green grass.
3. After Friday night’s rain, a few of the cows made some splash in the mud. Apparently, they miss the moisture too.
4. I saw these guys on two different mornings. I tried to get pictures of our resident geese. My 4-wheeler made too much noise when I drove up to the dam and I missed the opportunity. The duck in the upper right hand corner was brave enough to came back to the water.
5. What does this Ranch Wife, who has been busy outside tending the livestock during a winter storm, do when the Husband says things are in control? She heads in the house and starts cleaning! My entryway was splashed with mud and I just couldn’t take it anymore. When I start cleaning I might as well do it all and get it over with. One less thing to worry about in this unpredictable adventure I call Ranch Wife Life!
Linking Up With:
with Nancy at
Project Alicia, Kristi, at , and Rebecca, at .with Alicia, at