A Quiet and Busy Weekend

I love a quiet weekend spent at home.  Saturday I made a Rhubarb Strawberry Pie (from this cookbook), for the fist time!  I also tried a new muffin recipe and made spaghetti sauce.  The house got spiffed up and pictures saved to an external hard drive.

Sunday I woke up early and found myself back in the kitchen.  I whipped up some No Bake Cookies, for the Rancher to take to the hay field.  I also made Chocolate Pudding and Spaghetti and Meatballs for dinner.  In the afternoon I worked in my flower bed and garden.

Here is what I found on this week’s Scavenger Hunt:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. ~ Robert Frost

Silly girl Fritz!  She is so cheerful and playful.  She has so much energy, curiosity and life!

This black nose Charolais (white breed of cattle) steer is a yearling grazing lush Nebraska grass.

Last week I read sport as the next prompt; today I realized it is spot.  Oops!  Our bulls do not have spots, but do have amazing strength.  Unfortunately, they tend to use that strength in a destructive manner.  Their sport is fighting.  Bulls are a necessary evil in the ranching business.  They are big, unpredictable and hard to handle, but we need them, so we put up with their unsportsman like behavior.

Who needs paper when you can paint on barn doors.  This is a piece Mom did years ago and Aunt J found in storage.  Now it hangs in Aunt J’s house.

How was your weekend?

14 Responses to A Quiet and Busy Weekend

1. Wow, sounds you did have a productive weekend! I wish I could have got that much done, but we visited my Grandpa who wasn’t doing very well, but I guess that’s productive in it’s self. Nice photos!

I absolutely love that road AND your mom’s barn door painting! 🙂
    Sounds like a very busy weekend with lots of good food!

Candy,
      Growing up Mom did farm sign paintings. She did several a summer. Mom also had fun re-painted the showbox lid before county fair.

Mom has several pieces of work she did in college handing in the house.

I like the road shot, Robyn!

The road leading up to Mom and Dad’s house is good. Past the house is minimum maintenance. In High School the County graded it in the spring and fall. Not sure if the do that much any more. It’s a good walking road and holds lots of memories.

4. Ashley Sisk says:

Definitely looks like a good weekend. Great shots.

5. Well, you were a cooking and baking whiz this weekend, Robyn! Everything sounds delicious.

Love your shots, especially the cattle. I miss not having any on the farm this summer.

Thank you so much for sharing at Your Sunday Best this week. xoxo

6. Heather says:

Strawberry Rubarb yum, I tired a SR cheesecake memorial day weekend my first time trying rubarb and it was AMAZING!! I couldn’t believe i’d been missing out on it.
    The travel shot is awesome, and I love the barn door painting very cool! Great set!

Thanks for stopping in, Heather. I didn’t grow up eating rhubarb. J’s Mom has 3 hills and we share the crop. It’s a fun spring/summer treat. It’s always fun to discover a new favorite flavor.

7. Wow you have so much going on and such beautiful pictures! Your dogs are beautiful! I am such a dog person!

Karen
      We love our dogs. My Boston makes me smile everyday! J’s cow dogs help him work and keep us on our toes. Sometimes at 1:00 on the morning!

8. Bethany says:

I like your travel shot.