A Process of Projects

I am finally getting caught up from the time change. It’s amazing what a little time shift can do to a person, or maybe I need to go to bed a little earlier. I seem to catch a second wind after the 8 pm heifer check. Before I know it it’s 9:45; then I think where did the evening go and the 5 am heifer check is going to seem early.

Here are a few thoughts for Nancy’s Random 5 Friday:

March 13

I am creating… I am working on a little craft project as a possible birthday gift for my Sister. I got the first step done yesterday. If it turns out I will be sharing my creation.

I am going… Out to do chores. Between calving heifers and the nice weather I have been spending more time outside. The Rancher and I have a few projects that need to be done while the weather is nice. Projects like cleaning the calving barn and putting up electric fence. Sounds like he is thinking about running the yearlings in to pour them this afternoon.

March 13

I am wondering… if you know tomorrow is national Pi Day. Math was not my strongest subject in school and pie crust isn’t either. If you need a pie recipe here are a few I have blogged about.

I am reading… As part of my Lenten devotions I decided to read about and learn more about my religion.

I am hoping… several heifers calve today, to make more progress on my craft project this weekend and enjoy the spring like weather.

March 13

It’s so nice to open up the windows and air out the house! We have wet and mud, but glad to have a taste of spring.

18 Responses to A Process of Projects

1. Emily says:

I am curious to see this craft project!! We haven’t been able to open our windows yet, but hopefully it will be in the near future!

It is nice to be able to open the windows for some fresh air! I hope your craft project turns out the way you want and that you share it with us!! 🙂

3. Linda R says:

Such great photos. I did not no it was National Pi day.. Enjoy the fresh air!

Hugs~

4. cheri says:

I’m think I have finally adjusted to daylight savings.
    When we were calving heifers. I too got a second wind in the late evening. Cameron and I did the all night check until 4am. Then up to feed cows at 7am! When we got back home, it was hard to just sleep. Now I am catching up! 🙂
    Ahhh – the fresh air. Yes! Aired out the house, cleaned it top to bottom to get that barn smell out. lol.
    Have a beautiful day my friend.
    Cheri

You make me laugh, Cheri! I love a fresh clean house. Now, I need to talk J into helping me stretch up my clothes line so I can hang laundry out.

We just got in from pouring the yearlings. I earned my Ranch Wife title working the back today; muck boots required and J offered to power wash me off.

2 new babies and one calving now.

5. At 60+ degrees, I had the back door open yesterday and it was heavenly! Love your photos today — xo

6. Myla says:

The time change has jacked with everyone’s schedule! All week I’ve been struggling and I don’t have to do any nighttime/early morning calf checks like you! The wet and mud are a familiar sight around here too… At least it isn’t snow. The horses are shedding like crazy, so spring must be around the corner, right?!?! Enjoy your weekend and good luck with your craft project!

I think I am okay on the sleep thing, but my days are mixed up. I have been 1 day ahead all week. I keep telling myself, no it’s not Saturday … today is Friday!

I am kind of excited about my project. With good luck I should get them done over the weekend.

7. Fantastic photos, and I am envied with your weather! We just had another 5/6 inches of snow..

I am currently reading “Teach Me to Pray” as my devotion for Lent..It’s available on Kindle for free if you’re interested!

8. Stephanie says:

My math abilities end with basic arithmetic and I gave up on pie crusts long ago. It’s a lot easier to just buy the crust. I can’t wait to open a window. It’s still pretty cold around here even though the sun finally came out today.

9. Karen says:

I’m jealous of those with temps that allow open windows – it’s still much too cold here – soon…. I look forward to seeing your project! Happy pi day!

10. abrianna says:

Yes we have been enjoying having the door open-but a few nights ago we had both a mosquito and fly come in…spring and summer in the/so/u/t/h. We now have a new screen so we can enjoy it cause pretty soon it will be too humid and hot to have them open.

11. I’m glad spring is spending a little time in your world- I’m enjoying it, but keeping my fingers crossed that it is here to stay. Sounds like you have a lot going on- have a great weekend!

12. Wet and mud, that pretty much sums up March in the north plains from what I remember.

13. Sharon says:

Robyn, I love reading about your life, partly because you do get to spend time outside. Sounds wonderful! I’m in an office all day and have to get up and walk outside a couple times a day to get fresh air. Hope spring arrives soon for you! Have a wonderful weekend with your new project.

14. Snap says:

so nice to open up the windows and enjoy the fresh air. hope the heifers are cooperating. looking forward to seeing your project for your sister. have a great weekend.

15. Jen says:

Oh yes this time change has kicked my butt this week. I’ve felt behind and getting up in the morning has just been rough. I feel like I’m starting to adjust a little bit more in the last day or so, yay.

Happy the warm weather made it your way and hoping your crafting turns out… Would love to see what your working up. Happy weekending!

16. I feel your pain with the time change. I worsened the issue by traveling to Denver for five days and going back another hour. I’ve still got all sorts of emails to read! Haha (which is why I am commenting here so many days after you posted).