A Pretty Ordinary Week

Instead of sharing cow pictures, I decided to look back in my “Odds and Ends” folder and found these. The chaps are worn by a neighbor kid during branding. The boots and gloves belong to The Rancher.

December 14

It was a relatively uneventful week around our place. Chores and house tasks, baking and coffee guests. J had a meeting on Wednesday and Thursday was a horrible windy day. Luckily the wind died down by 3:30ish and we were able to do a couple of things outside. Friday greeted us with a few flurries, but it didn’t stop us from grinding hay and transferring corn for the calves.

December 14

Saturday J went to a sale. After feeding the TLC bunch of cows and checking waterers, I worked on Grandpa’s dresser and made cinnamon rolls. J was impressed that I made real yeast cinnamon rolls vs. my cheater caramel rolls.

I’m well into reading a crime fiction book, The Boy in the Suitcase, by Lene Kaaberbol. So far, it’s a page turner.

December 14

I started working on Grandpa’s dresser the middle of November. Between Mom and Dad visiting, chores, and a lot of procrastination I took a long break. I couldn’t find an excuse to procrastinate anymore and went back to work on it. I finished the project, I learned a lot and I’m not sure if I like it. Yesterday, I put the dresser the entryway and filled it with hats, gloves and J’s winter hunting gear.

December 14

December 14

How is your December going thus far? What projects are you working on?

7 Responses to A Pretty Ordinary Week

Well it is warm here and there are some calves being born which is nice. I LOVE LOVE your photos they make me smile. Grandpa’s dresser looks great and very useful indeed. I am off to pole walking, my chores are done. Oh yes this nice weather makes farm chores go quicker and I can escape for a bit socializing is important befor we have to hibernate:):) Hug B

I like your “odds and ends” photos, Robyn! The chest of drawers looks like a good place to keep things organized. Early in our marriage, Randy liked to refinish furniture. He hasn’t done it for awhile.

3. Darcy says:

I love the stain on the dresser! (But all of our furniture is dark, so that’s my preference.) We’ve had a balmy and rainy week here, but the wind started up again this morning. Happy week to you!

4. Bonnie says:

Great close ups! Love the look of worn leather. Your project turned out great. I have too many projects to count. The biggest two are a quilt and making jewelry out of my Bear claws. It is good to keep busy making things.

5. Pam Galindo says:

I am in central California, in the San Joaquin Valley; it has turned quite cold here, which is rare for us…. we are expecting 30 degrees tonight and freezing night temps for a few days to come. We have finally had some rain, which won’t ease our drought, but the snow from the storms looks beautiful in the Sierra-Nevada Mountains. I really enjoy your blog and hope you continue to share your life with us.

Thank You for taking the time to leave a nice comment, Pam!
      I’m glad to hear you got some rain. It takes a lot of moisture to relieve a drought, but a little bit is better than nothing. Stay warm.

6. Love the photos of this update, happy holidays 🙂