A Kiss of Fall

There is a simple beauty attached with fall plants.  My tomato plants are still producing.  As you can see, some tomatoes have more than a kiss of red to them.  Everyday I find a few more that way.

My Mother-in-Law’s garden is slowing down.  She still has a few squash plants growing.

Her small sunflowers still have the ability to brighten the day.

It’s the fall blooming plants that caught my eye last week.  These fragrant beauties are just starting to show their full color.  While photographing these flowers kissed in pink I saw a bee.  How lucky for me!  Nothing to be askew on this day.

This evening garden stroll shares how uncomplicated life can really be.  That we should enjoy the touch of a gentle breeze on a crisp fall evening.  When life seems askew a fragrant flower or a little bee can brighten our day.

Linking Up With

Scavenger Hunt Sunday at Ramblings and Photos

Weekly Top Shot #48 at The View From Right Here

Your Sunday Best #35 at A Rural Journal

Country Garden Showcase at My Simple Country Living

Observing Beauty ~ Yellow hosted by Chickens on the Moon, Bethany Marie Photography and  North Carolina Sue

14 Responses to A Kiss of Fall

1. Danielle says:

Yes, a walk through my back gardens can always brighten a day gone askew…..it is just magical to see all of nature’s changes and beauty.

2. Don’t you love those vine ripened tomatoes?? When my older sister and I were small, we’d take a salt shaker into out one acre garden, sit in the warm dirt and eat tomatoes until we were full! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #48!

3. Nancy says:

The weather really has cooled abit — so nice to have the house open. 🙂

4. Pat says:

Beautiful garden shots!

5. Jessy says:

I can’t quite explain it, but something about late tomato season DOES something to me. I am the girl in the produce section (alas, I don’t yet have a garden of my own) who you’ll find nearly huffing the vine-ripened tomatoes. I’ll hold them up to my boyfriend every time and squeal “Isn’t that the BEST smell?!”

Glad to hear that autumn blooming plants speak to you as well 🙂

6. Lori says:

You put that so nicely!
    Thanks for stopping by today!

7. LindaG says:

Have a great week, Robyn!

8. I like the way you linked all your pictures to a walk through the garden.

9. Kathy says:

Oh my, my tomatos are long done:( I miss them already. But I am soooooo ready for fall and to break out my sweaters and boots.

10. Hi Robyn –
    Thanks for joining in on Observing Beauty. Yes, Observing Beauty still has co-hosts, but there was a bit of a kerfluffle as one of us has a sister who’s going to have a baby any second now. The resulting confusion should be resolved now though!
    Again, thanks for chiming in!
    NCSue

11. Jenny says:

your garden is beautiful! I love the sunflowers.

12. Ashley Sisk says:

Nice done – really like the sunflower.