It’s only Thursday and it’s been a busy week at our house. Nothing major, but something going on everyday.
1. Sunday J and I took a little road trip to look at bulls. The weather outlook said 50* and we were going to take advantage of a nice day to look at cattle. We woke up to frog and frost; the high of the day was 25*. We looked at some nice bulls and had a good visit with family friends.
2. Monday we had a gorgeous day to work cows at Cousin T’s. Both of Cousin T’s kids were home to help. It’s fun when they are home because it increases the conversation and teasing.
3. Tuesday we had several visitors. Our feed salesman delivered mineral, the fuel truck made a delivery and the window guy was here to do an estimate. In between all this J and I got an electric fence put up around the dam in the “milk cow pasture.” We also got around this small pasture to check the all the fence before we put yearling in there. Before we start calving heifers, we need to swap the bred heifers and the yearlings so the heifers are close to the calving barn. In the past we have had curious yearlinging walk out on the ice; some to try and take a swim.
4. Last weekend J bought another window on the KBHB Auction. We bought our big picture window via the auction a few years ago. This is the last window we have to replace in Grandma’s old ranch house and we are going to have a bay window installed.
5. Wednesday we went to the Dentist in North Dakota Border Town and had lots of errands to run. We saw a few people we knew and ate dinner with good friends.
6. When we got home J decided to sort the bred heifers off from the 2nd calvers and old granny cows. One more step closer to calving.
As I sit here this Thursday morning the wind is howling and blowing in a front. The next few days are going to be cold again. I’m glad the Rancher decided to sort heifers.
How is your week going? Are you calving or lambing yet? If so, how is it going?