A Challenging Scavenger Hunt

This week’s Scavenger Hunt prompts got me to stretch my mind.  After I started seeing some neat opportunities for the prompts I had fun.

Good fences make good neighbors.  Fencing is an important part of ranching.  Not a favorite task, but one that has to be done.  I saw the neighbor’s cattle met at the corner on a beautiful Sunday Morning.

Like all industries, Agriculture is moving forward with technology.  Technological advances have made it possible to raise more food and fiber on less land, while protecting our natural resources.  As the population grows, food demand increases and land for production agriculture decreases.  Technology helps us feed the world with the land resources we have available.  Mother Nature meets technology as the grains processed through this elevator are being produced with technology that was unheard of when the older generation of farmers started their career in Agriculture.

The old grain elevator stands tall with the North Dakota skyline and is a great asset to the area farmers.  Moving grain on the railroad was a transportation improvement back in the day and one that is still in practice.

J has not started training the puppy yet.  He will start training Fritz one step at a time as she becomes ready.  Someday, we hope Fritz will be as good a cow dog as her older sister.  This shot was accidental and somewhat lucky.  I was watering my garden while my “helpers” sat on the deck watching.

What’s wrong with this picture?

Dogs in my flower bed!  Fritz did have a partner in crime.  Molly was just to wiggly to get a picture of.  Yes, I tried to capture Molly too.

Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend celebrating the Father’s in your life.

15 Responses to A Challenging Scavenger Hunt

1. Pat says:

Love the picture of the dogs on the steps.

2. Our dogs like to eat the grass and it doesn’t much matter to them where it is — sometimes flowers are involved!

Great captures, Robyn and love seeing the co-op structures in your area! xoxo

3. Judy says:

I just love these photos! Our dog loves to eat grass and other non-food items.

Yes, Molly is a grass eater too! Last weekend I went out to mow and was greeted by our attention starved dogs. Roxie carefully set down the egg she had in her mouth before she begged for a pet. We think she is going in the coop and stealing eggs! No one has actually seen her in the coop, but she has obviously been in there. She had a hard time learning chickens were not dog food or toys.

4. Karen says:

I love the peek at your way of life there and your naughty dogs in your flower bed! It’s so cute that they stay nearby while you water. Cute photo of them on the steps. xx

5. Ashley Sisk says:

Love the cows – great shots.

You did good with the Scavenger Hunt prompts! 🙂
    Really like the pictures of your pups hanging out on the steps and Fritz in the flower bed!

7. You’ve got a good pair of ‘helpers’ there, I see they’re supervising you while you work! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #35!

The “helpers” are frequently up to something. Yesterday when I got home from work they had a dead skunk under the deck. I think they need some cattle to herd.

8. Bethany says:

Great shots.
    Thanks for linking up to Observing Beauty!

9. Janis says:

very nice country pics

10. Rose says:

Loved the shots of the the cattle congregating to hatch over their plans for the day…and love that last photo.