It’s Thursday and here are a few thoughts from me:
1. On Tuesday we moved two bunches of pairs to summer grass. It rained on us most of the way and was a long chilly morning. We took an extend dinner break so I could wash our rain gear and warm up. With dry clothes we moved around more cattle in the afternoon. I spent 9 hours riding my 4-wheeler. Due to the rain, I didn’t take any pictures.
I took the first two pictures last Friday while J and I were fencing around summer pasture.
2. Wednesday we helped Cousin T move pairs to pasture. We also moved more cattle at home and sorted off bulls to turn in with the Replacement Heifers.
3. This morning we are trailing the last group of pairs to summer grass! One HUGE job soon to be done. This time of year the cows are ready for green grass and freedom. We are glad to get them out to pasture.
4. This afternoon I hope to get to Small Town. The local Veterinary Clinic has a Rabies and Vaccination Clinic in town for dogs and cats. The Master Gardener’s are also having their annual plant sale. I have my tractor rim container garden prepared and I am ready for plants.
5. By this weekend we will have a sense of caught up. Things slow down for a few weeks before we start haying season. When the rain moves out and the sun shines the crops, grass and hay are going to burst with new growth!
I am excited to see what kinds of blooms and blossoms we are going to get. Yesterday, I noticed our lilacs are starting to bloom. Looks like I have some new to photograph.
Linking Up With:
with Nancy at